WTW Podcast #27: Evolutionary Imperatives, Macros vs Foods, and Lessons from Schwarzenegger with Eric Helms
July 13, 2015, Posted in Archives
The Well Traveled Wellness Podcast continues our chat with powerlifting & bodybuilding researcher Eric Helms. The 3D Muscle Journey co-owner gives his thoughts on evolutionary imperatives, how lean we’re really meant to be, and what he’s learned from the classic bodybuilders.
What are our brains telling us about how to eat and train? Which matters more, food content or macronutrient balance? Why were classic bodybuilders also elite weightlifters? What statistics should you be self-tracking? It’s all here with the Eric Helms!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Which biological imperatives create the leptin settling point
- If It Fits Your Macros…or food content…which matters more?
- What we can learn from Arnold, Columbu, Frank Zane and Larry Scott
- What self-statistics you should be tracking
Featured On The Show:
- Helms on 3DMJ and Facebook
- Eric’s Muscle and Strength Building Pyramid on YouTube
- How to use research to guide diet and training
Get More Well Traveled Wellness